About Robert W. Dedon
Mr. Dedon is experienced in a wide range of real estate in the Puget Sound region. He also has experience in other parts of the country.
In 2015 and 2016, he completed a 43-unit “micro-studio” in Ballard and another 44-unit “micro” project on Capitol Hill. During that time, he permitted and sold a 36-unit traditional apartment building on Capitol Hill. A few years ago, he completed 19 zero-lot-line townhouse units in two subdivisions in Seattle. Along with partner ProStorage Services, he also converted a 76,000 sq. ft. “big box” warehouse into light industrial spaces in Victoria, B.C. He and ProStorage have recently re-converted it into self-storage.
Previously in Washington, he:
- Developed, managed and sold a six-level, 42-unit apartment building in Seattle.
- Developed and sold at the permit stage a 40-unit project in Seattle.
- Renovated an apartment building in north Seattle.
- Developed a retail project in Monroe, WA.
- Was project manager for an 89,000 sq. ft. industrial park in Kirkland, WA.
- Was marketing director for a 70,000 sq. ft. office project and a 170,000 sq. ft. business park, both in Redmond, WA.
- Did market surveys for office and industrial projects, self-storage projects, apartments, and a congregate care home. Clients included Lincoln Properties, Koll Co., Coldwell Banker, ProStorage Services, Seattle Funding Group, and Daystar Retirement Village.
- Was National Acquisitions Manager of self-storage projects for Shurgard Storage of Seattle. (Shurgard was a publicly traded REIT listed on the NYSE.)
- Consulted with numerous clients (e.g., Colliers International, Powell Homes, Goodman Real Estate, Northwest Apartment Management, Rees & Assoc., Self Storage Property Tax Advisors) on specific real estate–related questions.
In Los Angeles, Mr. Dedon was project manager for Ticor Properties for several condominium, single family, self-storage and land development projects. He also conducted market surveys and financial analyses for Real Estate Research Corp., a national real estate research company.
In Louisiana, he purchased a defunct 13-acre manufacturing facility and converted it into an industrial park. He leased its buildings to national tenants and managed it for 16 years.
In New Jersey, he developed on a leasehold a 64,000 gross sq. ft. self-storage project, an asset he now manages for the LLC he organized.
Mr. Dedon is a licensed real estate managing broker in Washington and was formerly both a licensed broker and building contractor in California and Louisiana. He has an MBA in marketing and a BS in real estate from the Department of Finance at University of Southern California. He has lived in Seattle with his family since 1980.